Monday, April 29, 2013

Backpacking ends..

As my backpacking adventures come to an end I am feeling waves of different emotions. I have met so many interesting people and experienced so many amazing places. My friends and family back home are excited to hear about my trip but I'm wondering how I can even put it into words.

I have learned:
- In Lisbon, they call their rush hour, point hour.
- In Barcelona, even though they are part of Spain they do not consider theirselves Spanish people. They call themselves Catalan people, which was an old colony they were associated with before Spain.
- I met a German guy and we were talking about sandals and he called them air shoes!!
- I've learned that Amsterdam is actually a beautiful place, not just a place to smoke weed.
- I've learned that young people from other countries are passionate and opinionated about politics, world events and others.

Another thing I do know is, I am so tired of looking at maps and site seeing. Please no more trains, buses, metros, or even pictures. I am so tired of discovering. I only want to discover what I already have. :)

Backpacking was such an eye opening experience for me. I pushed myself emotionally, physically and spiritually. To go further than you've ever gone before in any of those arenas is a very emotional experience and good for the soul. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment