Sunday, November 9, 2014

Best Clothes For Backpacking?

What in the world do you pack if you're going on a backpacking adventure? Of course you have to think about toiletries, electronics, books, journals, money, identification, etc. But I'm here to talk about the basics - CLOTHING! So your mind starts analyzing...Is it going to be hot, cold, rainy, windy!? And how am I going to pack EVERYTHING in a backpack! How many pairs of shoes should I bring? Do I need a jacket, sweater, scarf, gloves?! AHHHH!

I actually have backpacking tips here based on my backpacking trip in Europe, and will be adding more tips soon from my backpacking experience in Asia. However, before you even start to think about travel tips, train, plane and bus tips, if you are just thinking of going backpacking and are curious to what type of clothes to bring, I have a great idea for you...lululemon!


Let me give you a little background. When I first knew I was going backpacking my first thought was OMG I HAVE TO GO TO REI!!! That place does rock and has all kinds of cool stuff! From canteens, to tents, to shoes, to water sterilizers, and batteries, they have a lot! And honestly I thought that was the best and ONLY place I should get things for "backpacking." I spent a lot of money at REI. I got lightweight/water resistant pants, shorts and a couple comfortable tops. I assumed REI was the best and only place to get stuff like this. Each item was between $50 and $100, and I paid it willingly because REI is the best travel store ever, right!

WELL, since I've returned from my travels I've started working at lululemon. You know, they sell yoga pants, right?! Well let me tell you that they have MANY other cool types of clothing, too. Most, if not all of their clothing is sweat wicking and breathable. That means when you are hot, and sweating, their clothes help you breathe and wick the sweat off of your body and clothes.  Hello Southeast Asia backpackers!!!!



They also have this "anti stink" technology in a line of their "swiftly" shirts that kill the bacteria on your skin that causes you to smell when you sweat! This particular line is AMAZING for traveling! It's very lightweight, and you can wear them multiple times before you should throw it in a wash. But because this line is lightweight, breathable and has four way stretch, these are great for travel and ease of care. You could easily dunk this in water or in a quick wash and it would dry overnight, if not before!




Since working here I no longer consider this a store just for yoga clothes. They have expanded their line to include menswear, and "and go" pieces that you can wear to and from the gym, AND out casually! If you know anyone who wears this brand, you know they wear their lululemon ALL THE TIME, not just to workout in.








   

If you've decided to go on a backpacking trip and are looking for an alternative place to buy some gear you should definitely check out lululemon!  A lot of their tanks, tops, jackets and pants are lightweight, great for layering and can easily fold up into a backpack!  The function of their clothes is perfect for a backpacker: thumb holes to keep you warm, removable hoods, hidden pockets, just to name a few!  You want your clothes to last, not smell and be durable, functional, and lightweight - lululemon has all that!  Check them out!


3 comments:

  1. Yoga is my favor fitness exercise.So many cool Yoga clothes here.It is hard to find the budget and fashion women Yoga clothes.You are good at discovering fashion.I found the Gearbest women Yoga clothes is fashion and its price is good.What is your idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am truly very impressed to have these details about best clothes for backpacking. It was just a wonderful share. I like to work out on daily basis so will always carry my Carbon38 tank tops and yoga pants into the bag so I can work out without any hassle even during my trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice bLog! its interesting. thank you for sharing.... high waist yoga pants

    ReplyDelete