Sunday, July 6, 2014

Happy Birthday to ME!

Year after year of birthday "dinners and drinks" gets so old, it becomes so routine, so vanilla. I was fortunate enough to be in a beautiful place this year for my 32nd birthday, Chiang Mai, Thailand! Although my close friends and family were absent they were still in my heart, and I was just fine being alone with my fellow travelers in this exotic place.

My birthday morning all I wanted to do was take this beautiful bike ride to grab an iced cold white mocha. Check out this view.


Winding through the back roads of the green rice patties sitting up against the blue smoked mountains gave me such peace.  It's as if time had stopped and I was the only alive in that moment.  


Iced white mocha, check!




Mid morning we were off to Chiang Mai to change locations for a week.  It was finally time for some FREE time, some ME time.  First things first - pedicure!


After our pampering we walked around, checked out more markets and settled into our hostel - then you know what time it was, dinner time!  It was my birthday dinner so nothing was off the table.  We found an amazing restaurant at the Le Meridian hotel, Favola.


We were SO overdue for some nice Cabernet and familiar food.  First things first, Cabernet and a fresh caprese salad!  Delicious!


Main course, pumpkin ravioli bolognese.  Man it was so delicious!


You can't have a birthday dinner without dessert......


The favorite part about this day was it was all about me!  Just kidding, but really it was just perfect.  The morning coffee run was so refreshing, serene and peaceful.  We changed our housing situation to a place with AC and less bugs = awesome!  Then this dinner?!  I mean it was perfect.

It feels good to be 32.  It is true what they say, life only gets better with age, just like fine wine.  :)

1 comment: