Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Blissful Moment That Will Last Forever

Last night in Bali was our first "full on" club experience since arriving here a week ago. The first week here has been relaxing. We've laid out, a lot, at our private pool and at the beach. We've managed to go shopping, way too much in way too many places, yet we've actually enjoyed buying our own groceries and cooking at home some, too.

Last night however, was ON. We had a nice dinner out accompanied by cocktails. Well for me it was double Jack and Coke's. :) Soon enough we were off to the club, Skygarden. We'd heard it was a multi level club that offered different music on every level. As much as it excited us, we were also apprehensive thinking of being knocked around by hundreds of drunken 21 year-olds. Nonetheless, we persevered. I think doubling up on the Jack washed away all of my worries. ;) So we arrived to the floor of our choice, the open rooftop blasting out the latest hits.

DANCING IT IS! It was ON. If you know me, I don't need anyone to dance with. I enjoy the beat of my own drum, making my own bodily art and expression as I feel the music and vibes soak through my soul.


This night though I happened to find a cool dance partner. It's so nice to find another dancer with "good happy fun energy." Not a sleazy guy who is trying to push the moves on you, or a guy who is too drunk that steps all over you. This guy had moves, and they were awesome.


Now let me get to the BEST part. Suddenly, it started POURING raining. It was the strangest thing. It had not rained one time this whole week in Bali. But around midnight it started pouring. Of course your natural reaction is to duck for cover. However this time, I did not care. I kept dancing. We kept dancing. Rain and all. My hair was soaked. I could feel it stick to my back as I nonchalantly whipped it around with my oh so innocent dance moves. ;)



That moment of dancing in the rain (and continuing to dance being completely drenched) I will NEVER forget. Inhibitions - gone. Soul - glowing. Heart - happy. Feet - moving. Body - wet. It was the best thing ever. I was being blessed from the heavens and from the roots of my feet and soul at the same time.


What an amazing night!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment