Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Nature & Dog Walks

The weather this week has been so beautiful! I'm so lucky to have the ability to walk my Mom's dog, Stallone. He is such a sweet being! Having a dog is so awesome, it's such a a great reason to get out and exercise!


Getting outside is good for the soul. Actually being in nature in general is good for the soul. I read an article recently that said being out in nature, and just touching a tree can bring many health benefits. You know the term "tree huggers" exists for a reason. ;)


It works. It really does. Getting out in nature is so easy. All you have to do is go outside and sit on your front porch, actually sit in the grass! Go for a walk. Sit on the sidewalk and strum your fingers through the grass. Who cares if anyone is watching! Every time I walk Stallone I make a point to feel and hug trees and put my fingers on as much nature as I can. 


I just had the most wonderful day outside this week, I got some exercise and I got a little tan! GO NATURE!


When is the last time you've hugged a tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment