Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Food Critic: Pies n Thighs, Brooklyn NY

For months I've heard about this "soul food" restaurant "Pies n Thighs." I heard they had amazing fried chicken, amongst other things! And finally, this past weekend I was able to try it out! I was there for breakfast, so I went for the basic fried chicken sandwich, it just seemed right. And boy it was! The sandwich was covered in honey and hot sauce, what an interesting combination. I love both of these flavors, why haven't I thought of this combination before?


The biscuit was the perfect consistency, not too soft otherwise it would have soaked up all of the sauce and been soft and gooey. It was crisp enough to hold the structure of the sandwich. I was that girl wiping every bite in the flavor of the plate. Yes!

I cannot wait to go back and have the sandwich again, try the fried chicken and try their desserts! They had an amazing display of donuts and pies, Lord please help me. Can someone just handcuff me to the treadmill for half of the day!?

This place is a must see! Lines can be long on the weekends, obviously. So if you're able to hit it during the week you'll experience a shorter wait time.  I believe they do take out as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment