Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Best Relationship Advice, for a Single Person!

I've been single and dating for about a year now, and this is the best summarized dating advice I've heard in a long time! 


1. You Can’t Date Potential: Sometimes girls have a habit of trying to predict the future and imagine what a guy might be like if he was just a little different or better or more self-aware. But you can’t date a future maybe-person. You have to date the one that’s in front of you, and you’re either okay with that person or you’re not.

2. People Can Change — But Only If They Want To: You can’t force someone else to change. You can’t will them into changing. The power to make progress or different in ones life is only truly effective if it comes from within. Which doesn’t mean that you or I won’t waste our time wondering why they couldn’t be different — because God knows I’ve done that.

3. Relationships Are 99 Percent Timing: Are you in the right place? Are they in the right place? If not, even if every single other thing about somebody is wonderful and amazing, it’s not going to work out. Both people have to be ready for a relationship or else it’s not going to happen. Which is why, again, you shouldn’t necessarily take rejection personally. This isn’t about you — it’s about a zillion factors that are completely and totally out of your control.

4. Determine If You’re Hurt Or Your Ego Is: Some dude (or lady) broke up with you. It sucks and feels like crap. You’re upset. Or are you? Figure out if you’re really upset, or if your ego is simply butthurt that you’ve been rejected. Once you can understand and separate your ego from yourself, you’ll have a much easier time getting over the actual sadness you feel about a break up.

5. It Won’t Always Feel Like This: It won’t always be good. But it also won’t always be bad. Another way of saying this is something a dear friend once told me: The biggest mistake you can make is thinking that the impermanent is permanent. This goes double when it comes to feeling shitty about a breakup. You’re going to feel different than you do six days from now, six weeks from now, and certainly six months from now. Take solace in the fact that change is constant and all-consuming, and the future contains a powerful uncertainty that’s determined in large part by how you allow yourself to accept it.

This is from one of my favorite websites, The Frisky. 
http://www.thefrisky.com/2012-11-20/5-more-pieces-of-relationship-advice-id-give-you-if-we-were-friends/

3 comments:

  1. Without completing the inner work, you are just wandering around aimlessly hoping that the next relationship you happen to stumble into will be the right one.

    Dating Tips for Women

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter what you do now that you are single, you will be doing what you want to do. You can go out with friends whenever you want and make decisions with only yourself in mind. Maybe you could start a new hobby, go on a road trip across the country.

    Should We Breakup

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Sharon Doroes, I have to give this miraculous testimony, which is so unbelievable until now. I had a problem with my Ex husband 2 years ago, which lead to our break up. I was not myself again, i felt so empty inside me, my love and financial situation became worst, until a close friend of mine told me about a spell caster who helped her in the same problem, his site http://magical-rituals.com . I sent email the spell caster and i told him my problem and i did what he asked of me, to cut the long story short. Before i knew what was happen, less than two weeks my husband gave me a call and told me that he was coming back to me i was so happy to have him back to me. The most interesting part of the story is that am pregnant. Thanks to Doctor Samael for saving my marriage.

    ReplyDelete