Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Quick trip to NY!

You know, I do love my job. Getting to travel for work is pretty awesome. Business travel is not always luxurious, but it does have its perks. ;)



This is only my 3rd time to New York. My first time was when I was 16. I remember my cousin and I walked around Times Square and got to be a screaming fan on MTV's Total Request Live! Ha. My next trip was just a few months ago actually. Another quick trip like this one. Fly up the evening before for meetings the next day. I didn't have a blog back then however. :)

This trip is especially interesting because hurricane Sandy was a few weeks ago. Some of Manhattan is still without power! I checked into the hotel (which had just opened a couple days prior) and asked the concierge where I should go for an amazing dinner. His options were limited because he didn't want me walking down any streets that were still dark and without power from the storm! I ended up at this pretty amazing Italian restaurant, Inatteso, where I'm sure my arteries will forever hold a piece of their amazing lasagna.  It was SO delicious! 


I had interesting conversation with a local resident. He told me how he had to evacuate with his two week old daughter before the storm! He said it was the best decision he made though. Otherwise he would have been trapped on his floor for days, without power or heat, until the water finally subsided! Crazy!

A quick evening stroll to walk off the lasagna.  :)  That's the new World Trade Center Tower

Finally it's morning and I have an hour to kill before I head into the office.  :)  I was only a few blocks from the World Trade Center site.  I had to go see it!  You can see the new Tower is almost complete!


HUGE car size generators were still supporting the city weeks after the storm.  In lower Manhattan they were on almost every block.


At last, the World Trade Center site!!!  How beautiful!!!


Unfortunately it didn't open for 20 more minutes, so I could not wait that long to see the memorial.  I did have a special moment there though, right where I took this picture. 

Now it's time to work and head into the office!  Until next time!  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment