Monday, August 19, 2013

Really???

Wow - In the year 2013 this article was really written?????

Why don't you have any black friends?  http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/19/opinion/colby-black-friends/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

Where in the heck are they polling this question, po-dunk town in the country or something?  I experienced many emotions when reading this article:  sadness, confusion, blasphemy, and an eagerness to prove this article wrong. 

THANK GOD my family never spoke of race growing up.  Not once did my parents ever defy or mention someone by the color of their skin.  Never hearing about race created an open environment and open mind where labels were never created.  It allowed me to truly have an open mind and experience people for people.  I will forever thank my parents for this.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment