Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sweet Dream

I had the sweetest dream last night about one of my brothers.  What was strange about it was I was my current age I am now, but he was a child, say around 5 or so.  What made the dream even more interesting is I KNEW I was my current age and I KNEW it was odd he was only 5 - but I embraced this moment with all my heart. 

To give a little background, I use to terrorize my little brothers.  I never thought I gave them that hard of a time.  But as a big sister, I definitely took advantage of my status and superiority until they got bigger than me.  hehe.  Fast forward to today, this particular brother now lives in another state, is engaged and has a one year old.  I've never felt more distant with him than I do now.  :(

So this dream - its like I was looking at him in amazement, in his innocent little eyes, his little child size body.  He really looked the same as I remember him at that age.  I wanted to embrace him, hug him, and send him SO much love.  Is it because I miss him today?  Or was I trying to send him love from back in the day when I all sent his way were teasing jokes and terrors?  In one part of the dream we were at our family lake house.  He was in his little child size life vest and I was hugging him and spinning him in circles.  In another part of the dream we were at our grandparents log cabin and he was playing in the back bedroom.  I remember just starting at him, thinking how sweet, caring and innocent he looked.  And all I wanted to do was smile at him and squeeze him to show him how much I loved him. 

This dream made me completely happy though and filled me with love.  In the shower this morning I couldn't help but smile and wonder if he felt any of this too?  I shot him a text just to see if he happened to dream about me too last night.  He said he doesn't think so or he doesn't remember.  Oh well, it was such a sweet story to tell and it made my heart smile. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment