Saturday, November 29, 2014

Interstellar - WOW

Tonight I went to see the movie Interstellar with my Dad.  Of course now I remember the trailer, but before the movie, I had no idea what I was about to get into....  My heart...My soul...My thoughts...My fears...My dreams...My emotions...all busted wide open.

This. Movie. Was............  Indescribable.  It hit me on SO many levels that I left the theater in tears. 

For those who have not seen the movie, I'll try not to spoil anything for you.  But do yourself a favor by NOT googling the trailer before watching it.  Just watch it.  Just press play. 

First off, mad props to the writers and producers.  This movie blew me away, almost literally.  Yes, this is a movie about "space."  But it's not your typical space/universe movie.  I don't want to give too much away, but there is somewhat of a love story, and that could mean partner love, family love, life love, human love, etc.  It's also based in the future which makes it very interesting.  A future that we could potentially face?  It bridges the relationships between friends, family, trust, purpose, and time.  It really made me think, about all those things.  So combine that with the universe, other galaxies, OMG.  Mind blown.

One of my all time favorite quotes is, "You can tell a man is clever by his answers, you can tell a man is wise by his questions."  For me, that sums up my life fairly accurately.  I've always asked questions.  I've always wanted to ask questions.  I like to understand how and why things work, that's just how I learn by understanding.  The problem is however, still to this day I have more questions than answers.  The more answers I find, the more questions I start to think of.  Sometimes it drives me crazy.  Sometimes it makes me feel like a misfit.  Do others ever wonder about some of the random things that I do?  How could no one care to discuss the universe, or other dimensions, planes, cloud formations, or why things are certain colors?  Deep down I want to know and understand these type of things.  My soul is like sponge, and I truly feel like my purpose is through this quest.  The quest I still fight at times, but sometimes marvel in wonder. 

So as a human that is not an astronaut, I already have many questions about life, purpose, space, time, etc.  But imagine an astronaut, someone who is not only educated but experienced in floating around in our atmosphere not only looking down on earth, but looking out into the endless bounds of our universe.  WHAT IN THE FUCK DO THEY THINK ABOUT!  I mean seriously!  Jesus Christ what do they believe about God, death, life, time?  Based on the research I've seen this movie was fairly accurate from a scietific standpoint.  The theory of relativity for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I mean.......!!!!!!!!!??

----------
"Gravitational time dilation is a real phenomenon that has been observed on Earth. It occurs because time is relative, meaning time runs at different rates for different reference frames. When you're in a strong gravitational environment time runs slower for you relative to people in a weak gravitational environment.

If you are near a black hole, like the one in the film, your gravitational reference frame, and therefore your perception of time, is different than someone standing on Earth. This is because the gravitational pull from the black hole is stronger the closer you are to it.

For you, a minute near a black hole will still last 60 seconds, but if you could look at a clock on Earth, a minute will appear to last less than 60 seconds. This means you will age more slowly than the people on Earth. And the stronger the gravitational field you're in, the more extreme the time dilation.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/crazy-physics-to-understand-interstellar-2014-11#ixzz3KQkGdFTc
----------

This movie not only moved me, but inspired me.  It allowed mountains to move within me that I had been detouring for a while now.  Please go watch it.  I hope it has as great of an impact on you as it did me.

No comments:

Post a Comment