Sunday, November 23, 2014

Poetry

I love being lazy but it makes me sad
I hate being busy but it makes me glad
Long days and long nights got me feeling all mad
But I look in the mirror and it's all I've ever had 

Right ones and wrong ones at the same damn time
I realize I got some strong sunshine 
Numbness and the clouds give me a great pause 
Progression is what I want but I'm all wrapped up in gauze 

My speed was controllable
I could handle what I ate
Now I'm consumed
Cruise control on and I can't find the brakes

Toxicity in my veins
Sometimes it's a little too much on my brain
Is this what it's supposed to feel like
I'm drowning in my own pool of pain

Enjoying the fruits
Is nothing like the work it takes to make it through

Powerful
Tenacious
Clouded

Is it worth giving up all I know
And love
For the freedom my soul wants to choose to grow

Rainbows on the horizon set sparkle in my eyes 
movement in my hips make me realize
It's quite easy to make it change
And Dollars come quick 

How much will I sacrifice
How many grams of my soul am I losing in the meantime to make it in this race
It's so quick

No comments:

Post a Comment