Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Toughest Competition

I found her. She's challenging, she's tough, she's stubborn. She's fierce and today she stared me straight in the face. She's my biggest opponent. Her bitch face has so much grace, it puzzles me. Yet facing her is the most rewarding opportunity. 

I met her today on my yoga mat. 

She is, ME.



Today I realized my biggest challenges are presented through myself. When you're finally willing to face yourself, to face your fears and realize your biggest challenges, you are already one step ahead of moving through them.

We're all in different places in our lives, with different dramas, excitements and "situations" going on. Today I realized my match, the militant contender I know painfully well that often hides in my shadow. Today I met her face on, she finally stepped out of the shadow and I can't wait to meet her again.


“It takes courage...to endure the sharp pains of self discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives.”
― Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"



No comments:

Post a Comment