Saturday, April 18, 2015

I Walked Away From My Career and Got Promoted!

A lot of people's lives are driven by fear, versus desire or chance. It's interesting when you start noticing how many people operate from this crippling intangible.


Last summer I chose to give up my ten-year career in banking to travel the world. My plan was to be gone for two years, or forever, I really had no time frame. Who would have thought I'd come home after only 2 1/2 months. I felt like I needed some sort of structure. Or more of a plan or purpose when setting out on such a grand journey. I also realized I couldn't retire after only working 10 years, who am I kidding!

So nine months after I gave it all up, I'm coming out on top! I've been offered an Assistant Vice President position and substantial salary increase to work for a foreign bank in New York City! If I would have stayed put (and not followed my heart) there is NO way I would have made those accomplishments in nine months. I gave it all up, and got it all back and then some! HELL YEAH!!! GO ME!!!

A lot of people thought I was crazy when I decided to quit my job. I'm sure some doubted me, many questioned me, and it felt like few supported me. But at the end of the day you have to do what YOUR gut tells you, even if (you feel) the odds are stacked against you. It will not be easy, but if you listen and trust your own voice, and your own strength, you will make it!!

If your not willing to risk the unusual you'll have to settle for the ordinary. ;)

If you've been teetering on making a life changing decision - DO IT! The journey will change you, for the better. It will make you stronger. Most fear they may not achieve the outcome they imagine, but what if it ends up better than you imagined!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment