Saturday, April 25, 2015

One-Way U-Haul to NYC!

So here I go... The day is finally here. My whole life is packed into this 10 foot truck, and I have an 11 hour drive until I start the newest chapter of my life. NYC bay bay! I have my roll dawg kitty with me, JJ. NYC, 11 hours here we come!



JJ was such a trooper!  He only meowed for the first 30 minutes!  LOL.  He calmed down once he got on my lap.  :)

It was actually a very pretty drive! Especially after the three hours of darkness I encountered from 3:30am to 6:30am. The two cold Starbucks drinks couldn't go down fast enough. But oh they went.

Finally, sunrise.


I had no idea how my GPS was taking me, I just knew I had my GPS on and in the charger. Soon enough though I realized I was driving through the Shenandoah Valley! It was so pretty! Large open fields, old farm houses, and light pastel skies hanging over the mountains sure did keep my attention!


Even after 6 hours, I was only halfway there. (sigh)  Thankfully though I'd loaded up on snacks before hand!


But it was the beautiful scenery continuously surprising and impressing me that kept me going! Highway 81 north is long, but at least it's pretty.  I ended up going through Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.  I covered some ground!



I was a little anxious anticipating how I would drive this huge U-Haul through NYC, and my nerves were right. It was just as scary as anything I've experienced in any third world country. People everywhere, cars everywhere, loud noises, horns honking, and here I am in the biggest truck on the block almost.

Then I get caught at an intersection and capture this. How eerie this photo is....   It's so timeless, and is worth a thousand words.


I actually arrived at my destination 5 minutes after my scheduled move in time. How could I have timed an 11 hour journey more perfectly. I'm home. I've arrived.

Now it's time to settle in.  Work starts on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment