Wednesday, January 27, 2016

My First NYC "Blizzard"

29 inches. That's it?  Yes, that's how much snow came down in New York City last weekend!   Winter storm Jonas really delivered!!!

This is my first winter in NYC, and I could NOT wait to see what this blizzard was all about!    I had a plan:  Ski gear, check! Friend, check! Go Pro, check!  The snow is here....lets GO!!!

The snow didn't start until 10pm on Friday night.  It was like Christmas Eve, knowing I would wake up Saturday morning to a winter wonderland!  And boy did I!  It actually snowed ALL DAY LONG!  Look how excited we were!!!!


Well let me back up..  the first thing I wanted to do was make my first NYC snow angel!!!  The first beautiful patch of snow I saw, I knew I had to drop down and get my angel on.  YAY!


Now that I got my snow angel out of the way, it was time to EXPLORE!!!!!


We wandered around the city, trekking through the snow in the middle of the streets, taking pictures, I felt like a kid in a candy store!  


To be quite honest, I was surprised that this storm was the second worst snowstorm in NYC history!!!  Growing up in the south, all you hear about is how cold New York is, how much SNOW they get, blah blah blah.  So I thought two feet, aka 24 inches, was a regular thing.  So now 29 inches is a big deal?!  I was quite surprised!  But I get it, it's the clean up, the inconvenience of not having public transportation, people can't get around, potential power outages, etc.

But I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed myself!  Not only was it so much fun stomping around in fluffy snow, but it was beautiful!!!!!  


Most New Yorkers are like "bah humbug" when it comes to snow.  I mean C'MON!!!!!  I mean, it's obviously not that bad since they are still living here.  But in life what you experience depends on your attitude.  Snow is going to come down, love it or hate it is up to you!  

I definitely loved it, and I cannot wait for the next one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment