Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Beautiful Side of Heartđź’”break

Being vulnerable is a sure sign of maturity.  Beauty at its finest.  Right now my heart is talking to me so I've decided to pick up my pen.  I know others are going through heartbreak and I hope my thoughts and feelings comfort you - as you are not alone - and we can both realize how ridiculous we are for dwelling on a situation undeserving of all this attention and quickly get back to normal.  :)


You use to glow so vibrantly, but suddenly love withdrawals are debilitating to your workday. Life as you know it feels blank. Suddenly a blank canvas but all your tools are in some black hole somewhere. The routine, your friend, is gone. What happened?  He told me I was NOT the girl he would marry, that's what happened!

(You start to question yourself)

Did I react too fast? Should I try to talk to him one more time? I just don't get it? Just the other day he said.... And now?? UGHHHHH!

(Then comes Miss Independent)

He has no idea what he's missing! He is so dumb!  I know his ass is going to text me in a week.  Why is he so back and forth!  No one else would love him like I would.  Man I had it all wrong!

(The inner dialogue continues)

Why could I not see this coming?  Man I am such a hopeless romantic.  Does he really love me but he's scared?  Do I have patience to continue being his teacher hoping he will awake further and realize what's in front of him?!  If a guy cant see my worth WHY AM I THERE!??? 


My dad thinks I subconsciously date losers so if and when it doesn't work out I can turn around and be like "I don't want your dumb ass anyway!" That is hilarious, but eerily true? 

"Get yourself together.  You're missing a kid yard boy who doesn't know what he wants out of life yet.  Why this guy is the answer to Elizabeth's world says more about what you need to do than what he needs to do.  If you would stop making poor choices you could stop suffering!  Snap out of it!" 

"If he loves you, there should be no reason at all that he says to you to find someone who can make you happy and give you what you want. If he loves you, it should be HIS job to do those things - whether he feels he can right now or not, if he LOVES you he would work towards that. Make an effort, make drastic life changes, etc. To me, it seems like he's only saying he loves you now to help with the fact that y'all are over. It's like he's trying to be the martyr here and walk away the "nice guy" instead of the douche bag who broke your heart. He's trying to play like he didn't do you wrong and that his honestly makes up for the hurt he's caused, but it doesn't." 


Throughout all the ups and downs of heartbreak you feel so lost, confused, and stripped of your happiness.  You lack the ability to look forward and can only look in the past and question everything.  WHY???  But even through the hardest times, when you find yourself with no where to go but UP - you finally can see all the amazing things left within you:
  • I'm still brave
  • I'm still courageous
  • I'm still fearless
  • I still have my girlfriends
  • I'm free
  • I'm still beautiful
  • My dancing skills are still on point
  • I'm still fun
  • I still have love in my heart
  • I'm still smart
  • I'm still making money
  • I have not lost my swag  ;)
  • I am worth loving

It's amazing how quickly you can get that pep back in your step!  It's almost like you MUST address all the phases of grief in order to really move forward.  Now all you need to do is get up and continue about your business - into the new life that awaits you. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment