Thursday, March 20, 2014

Food Critic aka Food Lover


BACON BOWLS!!!

I remember the first time I saw the bacon bowl commercial.  I was sitting on my couch and the commercial came on.  My jaw dropped and I was suddenly in a hypnotic state, feeling as if time had stopped.  I was frozen, amazed by all the options you can make with a BACON BOWL!  I had to tell my friends - fast!

Of course I didn't call and buy one.  I was for the most part shocked for a couple days that I had never seen anything like this before.  Wondering how I could get this tool in my kitchen.  Oh well it passed.... until....
 

My best friend bought it for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was a girls weekend beach trip and she surprised me with bacon bowls.  Sunday morning breakfast could not come fast enough!!!

They were relatively easy to make.  There were two contraptions in the box, like individual muffin dishes.  It takes 2 pieces of bacon to make one bacon bowl.  You take on piece and cut it in half and drape it like an X across the top, or bottom of the bowl.  You then take one full piece of bacon and wrap around the bottom to make the sides.  Bacon is pretty greasy so you just press it all together so it sticks,  and then you can either cook them in the microwave or bake them.  No time to wait - in the microwave they go!

When they come out you simply pop them off the contraption.  They may stick a little so just slowly pry them off with a spoon or fork.  Then voila!  We were scrambling eggs on the side so once they were done we filled the bacon bowls, covered them with cheese and baked them for a minute to quickly solidify this masterpiece. 


Ohhhhhhhhhhhh bacon.  Bacon.  Bacon.  Bacon!

I must admit - you definitely get your bacon fix with this dish.  Almost overwhelming to be honest.  I don't think I ate bacon for a couple weeks for some reason.  But they were still amazing.  You can really get creative and put anything inside a bacon bowl!  I wonder what I'll make next?!?!  :)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment