Thursday, April 17, 2014

Trending In Japan....

Zentai!  Ever heard of it?  “Zentai” — an abbreviation of “zenshintaitsu,” means “full body suit.”  These people meet online or in chat rooms.  They'll show up at BBQ's or parties in these outfits, or simply gather together to walk around town.  They feel they can be liberated through the complete sublimation of the physical self.  How interesting is this!!  Makes sense right?


How often are we judged by the color of our skin, what we are wearing, WHO we are wearing, how tall we are, or how your hair looks?  It sucks being judged, doesn't it?!  I love this idea.  Scrape away all the "identifiers" and create a completely NEW YOU.  What a strong message and statement.  This is brilliant!

“I have led my life always worrying about what other people think of me. They say I look cute, gentle, childish or naive. I have always felt suffocated by that. But wearing this, I am just a person in a full body suit.”

What a way to give them something to talk about.  The same ones that make remarks about these outfits are the exact ones that would have commented or judged you in your "everyday clothes."  What a great way to stick it to em and prove your point! 

Now where can I buy one of these things?!  :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/04/17/heres-japans-latest-trend-zentai/?hpid=z4
 

No comments:

Post a Comment