Friday, June 13, 2014

Ohhhh Airports...

How many people do you know just ABSOLUTELY LOVE FLYING?!?!?!? Besides a 6 year old? I mean seriously. The only reason I do it is because it's the only way I can get across the world to see other countries. Even if Christoper Columbus was around I would most likely still choose flying. Anyway, now I'm sitting at London Heathrow waiting on my connection to Bangkok. My first flight was 3 hours delayed forcing me to miss my connection on Singapore Airlines, putting me on British Airways to London, then to Bangkok. Man I'm mad I missed my first experience on Singapore Air. I've heard amazing things about that airline. Anyway, man were my emotions ranging. As if they weren't already with the magnitude of what I'm doing, leaving my friends and family for months so I can frolic around third world countries - but the uncertainty of not knowing if or when I would finally be on this journey was driving me crazy! But I talked myself down, I mean, I'm basically vacationing permanently so I just need to relax - I'll get there eventually!  It's not like I have to be back anytime soon - well October.

Anyway, airports have such an eerily similarity to the DMV, don't they? The employees know you are trapped with no where to go. You are forced to pay for the overpriced fake cheeseburger, and wait on the delayed planes. It really feels like you are in prison, being punished, until you feel the G forces of your plane taking off from this hell hole.

There are never enough plugs in the terminal either.  I'm sitting patiently waiting like a hawk to jump on the first available outlet - just as I'm sure everyone else is.  


Since my connection time is so far away they don't even have my gate number on the boards yet.  So I'm just hanging out like I know where I'm going in this airport but honestly I have no clue!  I have time, so in an hour or so I'll re check the boards.

Anyway, I am venting here.  I am bored with maybe 20 minutes of my free wi-fi left.  My back is scraped red from putting my large backpack off and on through all the gates, planes, checkpoints, bathroom breaks, etc.  Maybe I'll go have a drink.  Actually that sounds like a great idea.

2 comments:

  1. God speed. Look forward to your posts and images of your wonderful trip. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, check the bathrooms for outlets. Glad you finally made it to your first place! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete