Sunday, October 12, 2014

Poem

These words stitch up my wounds
This scar freshly reminds me of what I never want to get into

I'm thankful for the pain
So I can be sure history doesn't repeat itself
I'm in a different state
And frame

I'll always be the me you knew
But meeting you made me realize how much more I needed
We grew

Apart

It was a start
In another direction
Another chapter
I realized it wasn't me you were really after

Light in my face and wind at my back
I've finally realized where I was lack

It was you

I deserved more but was slack
Not sure you even realized how much I had your back

But I'm actually thankful for you
Even today I still smile when I think of you

You gave me growth and fine tuned my vision
Losing you has been the best gift of precision


No comments:

Post a Comment