Friday, May 23, 2014

Saying BYE to my kitty JJ : (

Sometimes there are just no words, or more so too many words..
 
 
This weekend I will be taking my baby, my cat JJ of 10 years to his new home. Since I've decided to go backpacking I needed to find a good place for him to go. Luckily my brother's amazing girlfriend's parents said they would keep him. I am so thrilled that I know he is going to loving happy people that will appreciate JJ for everything that he is.
 
 
I've actually had to leave JJ before, only once. After college I moved to Atlanta and one of my best friends let me stay with her for the first month so I could get on my feet. She already had a cat so I didn't want to bring JJ and we all be on top of each other. So I left him at my moms. When I came back to my moms 4 to 6 weeks later, I was so excited and envisioning the moment and I could embrace JJ once again. I remember going up the stairs, calling his name and waiting for his head to pop around a corner. When I finally saw him and picked him up, he actually looked right past me! I was so sad! I just thought he would stare at me in my eyes and meow or smile or something! LOL. Geez a need a boyfriend fast! 


 
Anyway, I felt so extremely guilty for leaving him for those weeks. But luckily my mom had another cat and a dog so I'm sure he was entertained! This time around however I'll be gone for a lot longer. And I don't think there are any other animals where he is going. But the good thing is, I know what happy and loving people these folks are, and I know he's going to a safe place.
 


As if I don't have enough pictures under my MEOW tab above, I'm going to add more here. This man has been in my life for 10 years and seen some VERY interesting things, and has been there to support me through all of that, even a bite or two every now and then. They say a pet might only be here for a part of your life, but to them, you are their whole life.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment