Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sensory Overload

Over the past couple of months that I've been preparing for my backpacking adventure, I've noticed all my senses have been heightened. The same walk to work over the past four+ years has suddenly become more alarming, sensory wise. 

I'm noticing every sound, site and smell around me. All of the sudden the same sounds I was use became overbearing. It's actually been a beautiful experience, but also very jolting. I've almost found myself ducking and dodging all the chaos around me. Cars whizzing past slamming on their horns, loud truck and bus exhaust, police sirens....were suddenly more abrasive. 

It's amazing that I've become so in tune with myself and things around me.  Really, how beautiful is that?!  How could I have all of the sudden noticed so many different things on the same path I've taken for almost five years?  I am opening up.  I have cracked my soul open to the universe.  I have requested it's guidance and assistance to help me on this journey - and I think it's doing its job. I am receiving new feelings to help place me in the direction I need to be going.

Fast forward to today - I'm in NYC for work.  Talk about sensory overload. 


As if what I was experiencing in my day to day walks at home wasn't alarming enough, I can barely keep my head on straight here.  SO many people walking in EVERY direction bumping into you, smells, sights, sounds, construction.... UGH.  I've been to NYC before - but as my senses are much more sensitive these days - I'm really able to conclude how ready I am for this next chapter of my life.  It really solidifies my thoughts and feelings on the direction I want to go, and the surroundings my soul is craving - which is more like the below.  I took this picture when I was in Thailand in 2011.  :) 

 
It's amazing the new things you can discover when you think you aren't making progress.  Really, we are slowly evolving in the direction we need to be going.  Sometimes these realizations take time, and can abruptly be realized, but they've really been in progress for quite some time. 

Listen to yourself, to that little voice inside you.  Maybe you've been at the same job for 10 years - do you feel the same as you did when you started?  We are all evolving and it is part of our own responsibility to listen to our hearts - and take charge of our lives. 

I will not suffer anymore.  I will follow my heart, that little birdy singing inside me.  It's sure as hell risky but I will no longer sit at my desk and wonder "what will I eventually do with my life?"  I am now taking charge, risk and all, and regardless of the outcome I know it will be worth it!

Are you happy?  Don't let money or bills take over your power.  You can downsize your home, reduce your expenses.  It can be done based off where YOU place the importance.  ;)

Namaste.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment