Monday, May 12, 2014

Backpacking 1 Month From TODAY!!!!!!

WOW - 1 month from today I will be flying out for my backpacking adventures in Southeast Asia!!!!  There's still a lot to do to prepare for this trip, but I am almost ready!!! 

Although I'm ready for this next chapter, my mind is in 1,000 places.  I'm thinking of everything that I'm looking forward to, but also realizing all the people and things that I will miss.  This kind of a change is a big deal.  I will miss my nephew growing up, saying his first big words.  I'll miss the potential pregnancies of my best friends.  I'll miss the dinners and hang time with my friends and family.  However even with all that, what I will be gaining in my mind and heart with this trip is exponential.  I surely hope everyone and everything is still intact when I return, but that is a risk I have to and am willing to take. 


Things I will miss:
  • Family & Friends of course!
  • My kitty JJ
  • My Jordans and Vans
  • LKN
  • Starbucks
  • My CHI flat iron

Things I will NOT miss:
  • Gossip on who's dating who and who they dated before
  • Snapchat, Facebook
  • Discussing who's done this, made that, bought this
  • Who's getting married next, engaged next
  • What celebrity is getting married or having a baby next
  • Fakeness in the workplace, friend base or on TV
  • Seeing Michael Kors everything

What I'm looking forward to:
  • Wearing flip flops and sandals everyday!
  • With that comes casual clothes YEAH!
  • CONNECTING with people
  • Teaching English to little kids, or adults
  • Eating LOTS and LOTS of Asian food
  • Seeing how others view the world, listening to their fears, their dreams, theirs desires
  • GIVING BACK to the planet
  • Helping families and communities grow
  • Learning how to garden and creating a self sustaining environment

A lot of people live their lives based on fear.  They don't want to go "too far" out of fear of what they will miss.  Not even realizing what they are missing by not DOING could be far greater....  I want to show you what is possible, what you can see.  If you cannot see it with your own eyes, at least you can see it through my view.   

I hope you stay tuned for my adventures in Asia.  I'll be volunteering with elephants in Thailand - my new found favorite animal!!  I'll also be teaching English to orphans in Vietnam, taking a break chilling in Bali, and working with families in Nepal.  I plan on getting my yoga certification at some point on this journey as well.  

It's amazing the strength and power you feel when you follow your passions and your heart.  You are in absolute control and fearless.  I wish I would have done this sooner.  :)


One.  More.  Month.



Namaste.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment