Friday, February 28, 2014

KEEP TRAVELING!

Last night in the nail salon my nail lady was shocked that I was going out of town, again.  She said "WOW you just got back and now you are going somewhere else!"  I said, "UMM YEAH!"  I did have a weekend at home in between to rest.  :)

My whole adult life I've come to love traveling.  And SO many people are surprised at how much I travel.  This really baffles me!  Do they not want to travel?  Why don't they?  I know time and money are issues.  We all have different spending habits and financial responsibilities. I get it.  But I think back to when I was in college waiting tables, I found my way to Vegas and Miami multiple times for spring break and random vacations.  I was able to save up the $300-$500 it cost for the flight and hotel and made it work, even if I was eating McDonald's while I was out there! 

I have the wanderlust.  Every new place I find finds a new place within me.  As I discover corners of the world I discover new corners within myself.  It makes me yearn for more.  To see more.  Because it makes me FEEL more.  I want to see how others live and learn about other cultures and their perspective on the world.  I believe having that perspective humbles you and gives you appreciation, which instills kindness and peace within you.  We all need more of that! 

I'll leave you with a few of my favorite travel quotes...


"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."
-St. Augustine 

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
-Mark Twain

“Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.”
-Pay Conroy

“Not all those who wander are lost.”
-J.R.R. Tolkien


Off to the beach I go for the weekend.  Where are you traveling to next?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment